Fruits Salad (mayonnaise-base)

This is a unconditional favorite for dinner. It’s a salad I tried, when I a strong liker of “Coleslaw” but just that having it regularly got me a little disinterested. I managed a successful variation, very carefully with the proportions though, but was delighted when it came out a winner!
All the vegetable - carrots, potatoes and peas are bolied in water with salt and pepper.This gives a flavour to every single piece of those vegetables in salad.



Ingredients:

Potato dices - 1 cup
Peas - 1/2cup
Carrot - 1 cup
Peach - 1 cup
Apple - 1 cup
Groundnut - 1 tbsp
Pepper - 6-7 (crushed)
Mayonnaise - to taste
Mustard sauce - to taste
Honey - 1 tbsp


Method :

1. Boil Potato's , carrot's and pea's separately in such texture that its not over cooked but still remains firm and soft. Strain the water.

2. Cut Peach and Apple.

3. Roast groundnut and crush it coarsely.

4. In a bowl, add the vegetables, fruits,mayonnaise, honey , mustard sauce , crushed pepper. Add crushed groundnut and mix well.

5. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Food thoughts

How many of us frankly get up in the mornings worrying about , Oh My God what should I make that both the kids will have happily ! With my...