Nutrition Corner :
** Paneer is a wholesome food rich in protein and riboflavin
** Spinach has a high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants,
specially when fresh,steamed,or quickly boiled,also a rich source of vitamin A
** It is considered to be a rich source of iron.
** Spinach also has a high calcium content
** For maximum benefit from the folate in spinach,better to steam it than to boil it
So, we have all reasons to have this in our menu regularly ...!!
It might sound a little extensive process , but trust me the pleasure of the final dish is so divine that, it overrules the effort. :)
Palak - Half Bundle
Besan - 3 tsp/ as per taste
Capsicum - 2 (cut in slices)
Onion - 1
Tomato - 2
Khaskhas - 1tsp
Dhania Powder - 1tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4tsp
Red Chilli Powder -1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Green Coriander /Cilantro - for Garnish
1. Wash and steam Palak. Remove water and add pinch of red chilli powder and salt to Palak and grind in mixie to make a paste
2. Grind Khas Khas to a fine paste
3. In a pan , heat 3 tsp Oil, add onion, tomato, Khas Khas Paste, Ginergarlic Paste, Rede Chilli, Turmeric and Dhania. Stir well.
4. When almost cooked, add the water which was used to steam palak, and pinch of salt to it ( make sure you add the salt only for the gravy)
4. To the palak puree add besan and bring to dough consistency. Make lemon size balls and steam them.
5. Remove , cool and fry these balls in oil over medium heat.Cut into medium sized piece.
6. Add Paneer and Capsicum and cut palak balls to the gravy and mix well.Garnish with fresh dhania leaves.
7. Remove from fire and serve with hot Parathas'
This recipe is a participant of :Let's relishh-Paneer
How many of us frankly get up in the mornings worrying about , Oh My God what should I make that both the kids will have happily ! With my...
Idli Upma (Tamil Breakfast Recipe) I have always called this - best out of waste ! Well, the idea was to make use of leftover ...
An accomplishment to go with Tomato Rice is "Dahi Raita" but being a strong Southindian, I prefer pickle.Just to give it a distin...
A slight drizzle is all that requires to make this recipe.It has been raining since yesterday and I had set my dinner menu. Kara Kozhambu...