For the gosht:
Mutton - 3 cups(1/2 kg)
Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Ginger paste - 2 tsp
For the dal ::
Masoor dal - 1/2 cup
Toovar dal(Arhar) - 1/4 chana
Chana dal(Bengal gram) -1/4 cup
Urad dal(Split black lenthils) - 1/4 cup
Onions - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 1cup
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Tamarind paste - 2tbsp
For the tempering :
Garlic - 2 tbsp
Dry Red Chillies - 3-4
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
For the Garnish :
2 tbsp chopped corainder
For the ghost:
1. Clean and wash the meat.Apply the ginger paste,garlic paste and salt and mix well. Keep aside
2. Pressure cook the mutton for 15 minutes,remove and keep aside.
For the Dal:
1. Soak the dals for 3-4 hours, if you are running short of time like me most of the times, then soak it for 1/2 hr in hot water.
2. After 1/2 hour add onions,tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt to the dals and pressure cook for 20 minutes.
3. When cooked add tamarind paste to it and cook for 1/2 hr (You may choose to add the tamarind to the Dal while pressure cooking, but make sure you cook for 10 minutes more as Tamarind hinders the cooking process )This is make sure we get a smooth paste of Dal for a Memorable "Dal Ghost".
For the Tempering :
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic, dry red chillies.
2. Add chilli powder,cumin powder,coriander powder and garam masala.Keep stirring to avoid tanning the masala's.
1. Add Meat, Dal and tempering together.Mix well. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Server hot with Steamed Rice.
How many of us frankly get up in the mornings worrying about , Oh My God what should I make that both the kids will have happily ! With my...
Idli Upma (Tamil Breakfast Recipe) I have always called this - best out of waste ! Well, the idea was to make use of leftover ...
A slight drizzle is all that requires to make this recipe.It has been raining since yesterday and I had set my dinner menu. Kara Kozhambu...
An accomplishment to go with Tomato Rice is "Dahi Raita" but being a strong Southindian, I prefer pickle.Just to give it a distin...