Desperate to get away with the busy Sunday loads, I decided to do a spicy chicken to match the chill winter morning. This is probably no different from what most of you do or maybe it is ! In my family,it was a clear win with rasam and steaming hot rice.
When you have too many chores to handle, you can just do some water to cook the chicken, the ultimate result can still be crispy with soft and tender inner layers. I hardly spent any time with the cooking here,check out the steps.
Chicken - approx 800gms (I dont buy chicken which are more than 900 gms, so post cleaning this is what it weighed)
Onion - 3-4 small /2 big
Curry leaves - 1 cup (I use a lot of them, apart from the goodness they also contribute extra crispiness )
Whole Garam Masala - Approx 3-4 pieces of cloves, cinnamon (1 inch each), Cardamon, bay leaves
Saunf - 1 tsp
Pepper - 2 tsp (try crushing in fresh pepper corns, they do enormous taste enhancement)
Dhania Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder - 1 1/2tsp
Tomato - 2 small/ 1big
Garam Masala Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Green Dhania Powder - 2-3 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste (1 1/2 tsp)
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add saunf (Aniseeds). When they splutter, add curry leaves. When curry leaves become dark green in color,it indicates they are done. At this stage, remove 10 -12 leaves and keep aside for garnishing.
3. Now add the the whole garam masala.
4. Add onion,tomatoes,pepper powder, garam masala,Dhania powder,Turmeric powder, Jeera powder, Green dhania powder and salt.
5. Add 1 cup water and cover to cook. In approx. 20 minutes when the water is used, remove the cover and cook for 10min. This makes the chicken crispier from outside.
6. Remove from heat and garnish with fried curry leaves.
How many of us frankly get up in the mornings worrying about , Oh My God what should I make that both the kids will have happily ! With my...
Idli Upma (Tamil Breakfast Recipe) I have always called this - best out of waste ! Well, the idea was to make use of leftover ...
A slight drizzle is all that requires to make this recipe.It has been raining since yesterday and I had set my dinner menu. Kara Kozhambu...
When I am Alone with kids on weekends, I keep myself away from any laborious cooking procedures as I get to do the pending miscellaneous w...