Monday, August 23, 2010

Palak & Egg Burji (Breakfast Recipe)

A quick rush to work calls for a faster cooking menu."Egg" does behave a sincere saver in such cases. Between I am not a pro-egg person specially in recipes that comes natural to its state of existence. But when by all means in a rather deliberate state of mind one fine day I decided to indulge in doing away with this aversion to egg, I added Palak/Spinach which were more to make sure I used them before I lost them freezing in the refrigerator.I was surprised the eggs tasted more like spiced Cottage Cheese in texture.

I have been ever since trying to make this highly nutritious food a compulsion in my weekly menu !You can add grated carrots by all means, I had to omit has I did not have stock and obviously cant have my mornings to such leisure chores :)



Ingredients :
Palak / Spinach - few leaves (8-10)
Egg -2
Salt - to taste
Garam Masala - a pinch
Green Chilli - 1
Tomato - 1 chopped
Dhania leaves - few

Method :

1. Saute the chopped Palak leaves in Olive oil or butter(if making for kids)with little salt, till it tenders.

2. In a Bowl, add this palak,egg, garam masala, little salt, chopped dhania leaves and tomatoes.

3. Pour on tava/kadai and keep stirring slowy , so that they form lumps

4. Serve hot with bread toast /paratha's

No comments: