Vegetable Jalfrezi (Mixed Vegetable Sabzi)
More for the look of the vegetables, I like this particular recipe.Am an sincere veg-freak , I relish recipes that get these vegetables closer to reality and Jalfrezi gets them in real big chunks. The advantage here is apart from the masala the taste of vegetable itself is so evident owing to their large size that it ends up giving a rather refreshing taste !
Potato - 2
Capsicum - 1 1/2
Garlic - 3-4 pods (chopped)
Jeera Powder- 1 1/2 tsp
Dhania Powder- 1tsp
Red Chilli - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to use
1. Cut all vegetables in length.
2. Heat oil in pan. Add Jeera to it and allow to splutter. Add chopped garlic.
3. Finally add potato first.fry for 3 minutes.Add all masalas- Jeera pwd, dhania pwd, turmeric pwd and Red chilli pwd.
4.Followed by capsicum and tomato. again stir fry for 2 minutes. add salt and mix well.
5. Just make sure while stirring the shapes of the vegetable are retained.There is nothing better than a good presentation to arouse one's apetite !
6. Serve hot with roti or steamed rice and dal combination
How many of us frankly get up in the mornings worrying about , Oh My God what should I make that both the kids will have happily ! With my...
Idli Upma (Tamil Breakfast Recipe) I have always called this - best out of waste ! Well, the idea was to make use of leftover ...
A slight drizzle is all that requires to make this recipe.It has been raining since yesterday and I had set my dinner menu. Kara Kozhambu...
An accomplishment to go with Tomato Rice is "Dahi Raita" but being a strong Southindian, I prefer pickle.Just to give it a distin...